Equipping People To Reach Their Nations
As Global Disciples,
- OUR VISION is to see every person have an opportunity to choose and follow Jesus Christ.
- OUR PRAYER is that disciples of Jesus Christ, from many nations and vocations, will embrace this vision and do their part.
- OUR MISSION is to make it possible for clusters of churches to multiply Christ-like disciples and locally-sustainable fellowships among least-reached people.
- OUR CENTRAL FOCUS is to equip leaders selected by their churches to multiply Christ-like disciples, who multiply churches among least-reached people.
- OUR PHILOSOPHY is that local expressions of the Body of Christ in close proximity to least-reached people are best able to reach them-and we all can help.
Core values are the things we believe which set the pattern of our relationships, our ethics, how we deal with conflict or issues of integrity, how we communicate, and more.
OUR CORE VALUES
Intimacy with Jesus. Who we are and what we do flows from our relationship with Christ.
Trusting Relationships. Building trust with our co-workers, partners, and donors is essential.
Risk-taking Obedience. Obeying Christ requires the courage to risk all for our God-given mission.
Unwavering Integrity. Being authentic, accountable, and truthful in our words and actions.
Serving with Humility. Modeling the way of Jesus is our goal, living selflessly for God’s glory.
Transforming by Prayer. We want our work to be conceived, birthed, and carried out in prayer.
Like any organization, Global Disciples’ culture is shaped by our history, vision, strategy, and mission.
In November 1995, leaders from several discipleship and mission training programs met for a day of prayer and fasting. Drawn together by a common mission, each also shared a common desire: to respond to the need expressed by clusters of churches worldwide to provide discipleship-mission training for their own young people.
As the Holy Spirit moved, these leaders began to see that the barriers separating them and their ministries from each other had fostered competition and pride instead of collaboration. Through confession, brokenness and prayer, God birthed Global Disciples and the initial training model now known as Global Disciple Training (GDT). Since then, Global Disciples has added training for trainers in small business development (SBD) and leadership development (LEAD).
Today, Global Disciples has grown to serve in partnership with over 928 church organizations, fellowships, or denominations in 46 countries, providing training which enables them to equip and send out their own mission workers to multiply Christ-like believers and plant new, locally-sustainable fellowships and churches. The global nature of our ministry is also reflected in the 26 nationalities represented in our facilitators, trainers, and support staff.
Together we will risk obedience, pray persistently, and step out in faith, knowing the Lord is calling us into something much bigger than any of us-for God’s glory and the expansion of His Kingdom to the ends of the earth!
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
Global Disciples serves to equip, connect and facilitate cooperation in the global Body of Christ among clusters of churches focused on reaching those least-reached with the Gospel. We assist in the development of locally-sustainable trainings in discipleship-mission, small business and leadership, which result in reproducing fellowships of believers. Together we hold these biblical commitments to:
- Glorify God, the Creator and eternal Lord of the universe.
- Exalt and proclaim the only Savior and risen Lord Jesus Christ, God’s Son.
- Rely on the Holy Spirit to teach, convict, comfort, and empower.
- Accept the Bible as the divinely inspired, authoritative Word of God.
- Demonstrate love in our relationships with those in the church, the Body of Christ.
- Show love for those without Christ through lives of compassionate service, wholesome relationships, and a clear evangelistic witness.
- Honor the sanctity of human life from conception to death, understanding we are created in the image of God, as male and female.
- Live in sexual purity, whether single or in a marriage between a man and a woman.
- Pray and work diligently to see the Gospel spread to all peoples in anticipation of the glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
As grateful recipients of God’s grace, we always seek to act justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with our God (Micah 6:8). In each area of responsibility, we want to seek first God’s kingdom and His righteousness (Matthew 6:33). Our theological understandings are consistent with the Lausanne Covenant and the Manila Manifesto. (click to see more).
I am a global disciple of Jesus.
My allegiance is to Jesus Christ. He is the Living Word of God, as revealed by the Holy Spirit and through the Bible.
I want to do my part so everyone has the opportunity to hear the Good News of Jesus and to choose if they will believe and follow Him. My desire is to see each person experience the transforming love of Jesus, live in the fullness of the Spirit and enjoy God forever.
As a participant in a local expression of the global Body of Christ, I am united in heart and purpose with sisters and brothers of many nations, ethnic groups, languages and churches to glorify God and to make Him known.
I believe my part as a global disciple of Jesus Christ is to:Sign the Pledge
A year ago I trained 15 disciple makers for one month and sent them out. They were from 15 different border tribes. They planted 15 churches with 1,053 people who came to Christ. In the second year training, each of those 15 recruited 2 or 3 more people and I trained 36.
At 1 AM, 300 people came to kill us [the disciple-makers]. However, when they came close to our home they became confused. Then we ended up planting 5 churches in that area among those people who came to kill us. It is God who did it!
– Discipleship-mission Director, South Asia
We are working in 6 districts where it is 95% Muslim. In one week, among one of the unreached peoples, about 1600 souls came to the Lord and 14 new churches were planted.
– Discipleship-mission Director, East Africa
I am so happy at how the discipleship training has taken our church to a whole different level! We had 15 participants who went for outreach after their training. Now they have planted 6 new house churches, 8 new fellowships in different areas, and we saw 179 new believers. We baptized 60 new believers on Christmas Eve.
– Discipleship-mission Director, Sri Lanka