6 Ways to Experience More Peace Today
“A study showed that in 1968 it took 15 hours to record one hour of pure nature without the ambient sounds of airplanes, cars, and other manufactured reverberations. As of the year 2005, it took more than 2,000 hours of recorded time to yield the same hour of pure nature sounds.” *
Can you even imagine what it would take today?
This spells out something we already know–finding silence requires intentionality. Stillness, quiet, and rest don’t just happen; we have to make space for them, now more than ever.
Here are six practical ways to build more margin into your life and create room for greater peace:
- Set limits. Overbooked schedules edge out time for rest. Create rules and structure around the time you spend looking at screens, fulfilling commitments, and even working.
- Declutter. Excess stuff in your space brings excess clutter to your mind. Organize and simplify your home to enjoy greater rest.
- Solve a problem that’s been bothering you. It’s easy to procrastinate solving issues that cause us stress but dealing with them brings relief.
- Adjust your family rhythms. What drains your energy, adds stress, or robs you of family time? What could you change to create more time with loved ones? Could you plan to travel, serve, play, or give together?
- Practice the Sabbath. The Jewish tradition of Sabbath means to denote a particular expanse of time as set apart for rest. Worship, contemplation, prayer, and simply taking a nice, long exhale can all help us pause and reconnect with God and ourselves.
- Plan for the future. Have you created an estate plan? Roughly 70% of Americans do not have an up-to-date will; many avoid the process because they feel overwhelmed or assume they have many years still to prepare. The process of creating or updating a will can be surprisingly simple, and it creates immeasurable peace of mind.
God’s design is that we would work from our rest, not work until we collapse into it. Maybe that’s why man’s first day on earth was one to rest – God’s sending us a message, loud and clear.
*Quote from Quiet: Hearing God Amidst the Noise by AJ Sherrill
Seven Women, Perfectly Placed
God has fully equipped so many women and perfectly placed them to reach people with the Good News of Jesus. Like beautiful flowers in a garden, these women are faithful, compassionate, and creative about introducing people to the love of Jesus,
Ruth: Faith and Courage
When God directed her to a community to share the Gospel, Ruth took the risk and stepped out in faith to fulfill her mission.
When God’s People Work Together
Through Jesus, every Christian carries the heart of the Father for the lost and least-reached. Working together, advocates are helping others get involved in practical ways as partners with Global Disciples.
A Steward’s Awakening
As a follower of Christ, I do not own anything; I am merely a manager, entrusted with the care of what Jesus asks me to use for Him.
Healing for Mission
When her disability hampered her mission, a young woman asked Jesus for his healing touch.
3 Surprising Benefits of Generosity
A Greater Power
The power of Jesus is stronger than all other powers, and leads to changed lives.
The Light of the World
Prem grew as a disciple of Jesus. He heard about a local Global Disciple Training, and he went all in! ixty people have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior, 26 have been baptized, and 34 more are preparing for baptism.
What Are Your Non-negotiables?
No matter what work you have been called to—you need standards. The principles or values or mission that you simply will not compromise on, to accomplish your task.
Called to Obedience
When God spoke to his heart, Ezra knew it would change everything to obey. He also knew it would be worth it!
Advocates: Multiplying Good News
When you get excited about what God is doing, don’t keep it to yourself...
A Prayer for a New Year
As a new year begins, what will you be praying for?
Christmas: The Mission Begins
The birth of Jesus that we celebrate was only the beginning of a mission we carry on today.
Advent: The Mission of Loving Others
Jesus valued and loved people—enough to sacrifice Himself so that every person could have eternal life.
Advent: The Mission of Forgiveness
When Gabriel was confronted with those who killed his son, could he choose the mission of forgiveness?
Advent: The Mission of Light
To a community desperate for hope and assurance, Jesus was good news for them!
Advent: The Mission of Redemption
Christmas is about mission, God's mission of redemption. Jesus made it clear: “I came to seek and save the lost” (Luke 19:10).
Do Generous People Live Longer?
Looking for a few ways to give meaningfully in this season? These ideas and their benefits may surprise you.
Generosity of Influence
Influence starts when the nature of one person impacts the life of another.
Lean on Me
Do you find it difficult to ask for help? To lean on others when you're uncertain? Then you're not alone.
Yesterday’s Seeds, Today’s Harvest
An Answer to Our Prayers
Near-culture workers like Romael and Flavia are the key to effectively reaching nations with the Gospel.
Tap Into Iceberg-sized Generosity
Experts have found that 90% of a person’s wealth is typically held in non-cash assets. You could be sitting on resources that could benefit a nonprofit like Global Disciples.
Get our newsletter
"*" indicates required fields
Give monthly, reach the world…
Join our community of monthly donors bringing the hope of Jesus to least-reached people groups around the world.